The 11th IAPR International Workshop on Document Analysis Systems will be held in Tours city, France, in April 2014. DAS’14 will build on the tradition of past workshops.
For the first time, an Industrial Program Committee will take part to the Workshop. This committee is composed of around 20 researchers coming from companies, who are very active in the DIA field and used in participating to the DAS Workshop. Each submission will then be reviewed by 2 academic researchers from the Program Committee and one researcher coming from this Industrial committee.
As the previous editions of the Workshop, DAS’2014 will be a 100% participation, single-track workshop with guest speakers, oral, poster, and demo sessions as well as working group discussions. The workshop proceedings will be published by the Conference Publishing Services (CPS). Selected papers will be chosen for a journal special issue after the Workshop.
Topics of Interest include, but are not limited to:
- Algorithms for graphics recognition
- Authoring, annotation, and presentation systems
- Camera-based document image analysis
- Document analysis for the Internet
- Document databases and digital libraries
- Document image analysis (DIA) systems
- Document image watermarking
- Document retrieval systems
- Document Understanding
- Forensic document analysis
- Historical document analysis
- Information extraction from document images
- Multilingual document analysis
- Multimedia document analysis
- Page layout analysis
- Pen-based user interface
- Performance evaluation
The program committee invites the submission of original and unpublished contributions which include full (regular) papers and short (poster) papers.
- · Full (regular) papers must be accompanied by an abstract summarizing the contribution the paper makes to the field. All papers will be peer reviewed, and accepted papers will be included in the proceedings.
- · Short (poster) papers are concerned with late-breaking results or for demo presentations. Short papers may not be included in the proceedings.
Submission of a paper involves a commitment that, if accepted, one or more authors will attend and participate in the workshop.
Use author guidelines to format your manuscript for submission
- Full / Regular Paper
- Submission: September 30, 2013
- Extended deadline: 23:59 UTC, 14/10/2013
- Abstract due date: 23:59 UTC, 7/10/2013
- Notification of Acceptance: December 6, 2013
- Camera-Ready Papers Due: January 7, 2014
- Short Papers
- Submission start date: December 07, 2013
- Submission deadline: December 29, 2013
- Notification of Acceptance (short paper): January 26, 2014
Download PDF version of the Call For Papers